Why We Make This
Headtube and fork steerer standards have proliferated in recent years, but for a long, long time these variables were more fixed, so we made thousands upon thousands of NoThreadsets™ to serve bikes with unthreaded fork steerers. We made them in a variety of diameters, and everyone was happy in the land. We still make it, because it's still a great headset for all those bikes that are still rolling through the world with a headset that will never die.
Why You Want It
For decades our NoThreadSet™ set the standard for quality headset function delivering precision performance to numerous world champions, grand tour winners, and aspiring riders around the world.
Every Chris King headset is built with our heat-treated bearings, and surgical-grade steel races machined simultaneously to ensure they are perfectly matched. As Chris King bearing tracks age and burnish, they actually get smoother, and all headsets are fully serviceable for years upon years of demanding riding.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- King Lifetime Warranty
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Patented GripLock® retention design for dependable headset adjustment (US Patent 8662517) (1-1/8" only)
- Available in 9 beautifully anodized colors in both bold and sotto voce marking options
- Responsibly lightweight
- Options to fit 1" and 1-1/8" straight steerer tubes
- 1-1/8" available in Matte finish
|Matte Black / 1-1/8-inch straight||841529082531||BHB2||CHR40811228K|